I hold a Double Master in Translation from Monash University (Australia) and Lyon III University (France).
But, professional development is also a major component of my work. I regularly attend professional events and take part in training activities to further my skills and knowledge.
- “La Justicia en España: actores, documentos e instituciones” via Leglosa (Statement of accomplishment available in Spanish).
- Comprendre la procédure civile française via Leglosa (Statement of accomplishment available in French).
- Introduction to European Business Law by Lund University (Sweden) on coursera.com (Statement of accomplishment available).
- Content: source of European law; Constitutional liberties and Fundamental principles of European law; Common policies regarding foreign affairs
- Introduction to American Law by Penn University (USA) on coursera.com (Statement of accomplishment available)
- Content: Tort Law; Contract Law; Property Law; Criminal Law
- Drafting of contracts by the University of Geneva on coursera.com (Statement of accomplishment available)
- Content: Applicable law; Interpretation of contracts; Contractual documents (Schedules, Terms and conditions); Validity of contracts; Different types of clauses; General structure; Sales contract; Service contract; Liabilities; Warranties; Dispute resolution
- English Common Law: Structures and Principles by the University of London on coursera.com (Statement of accomplishment available)
- Content: History; Judiciary System & Common Law; Parlementary Sovereignty & Law-making process; Doctrine of precedent; Reading and interpreting of the law; European Union and the Human Rights
- Introduction to International Criminal Law by Case Western Reserve University (Ohio, USA) on coursera.com (Statement of accomplishment available)
- Content: Source; Treaties; Terrorism and piracy; Modes of responsibilities; Specialised Defenses; Custody of the accused
- Terrorism & Counter-terrorism: comparing theory to practice by Leiden University (Netherlands) on coursera.com (Statement of accomplishment available)
- Content: Definition and essence of terrorism; Research in terrorism and counter-terrorism (disciplines, approaches, dilemmas); Assumptions regarding terrorism and counter-terrorism (origins, justification, strategies, etc.); Future treatment of terrorism (communication, resilience, politics)
New Language Goal
- Learning Russian (evening classes at university)
List of conferences attended
- CAT Tool & Software day – September 29, 2015
- ProZ.com 2015 virtual conference for International Translation Day – September 30th, 2015
- 2014 – AUSIT’s Biennial National Conference ’14 – Transition into the Future – at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia.
- 2014 – “CAT Tool and Software Day” by ProZ.com
- ProZ.com’s 2014 virtual conference for International Translation Day.
- 2013 – “Traduire pour le public” at the University of Geneva, Switzerland.
List of workshops and webinars attended
- 2018 Translations & Ethics via AUSIT’s professional development programme (led by Professor Uldis Ozolins)
- 2018 Les principes de l’expertise en traduction et interprétation via the SFT
- 2016 “Easy to implement digital marketing strategies for Freelance translators” organised by SDL and hosted by Corinne Mckay
- 2015 “Les ressources documentaires de l’Union européenne pour traducteurs” organised by the SFT and hosted by Alicia Martorell
- 2014 “Best practices for the translation of official documents” by Susanne Creak (AUSIT’s biennial conference) in Brisbane, Australia
- 2014 “What’s the context? Interpreting, Translation and the Law” by Heather Glass (AUSIT’s biennial conference) in Brisbane, Australia
- 2014 “Discover how you can boost productivity further with some of the latest apps from SDL OpenExchange” organised by SDL and hosted by Kate Smith
- 2014 “How to translate a document using the powerful features of SDL Trados Studio 2014″ organised by SDL and hosted by Fiona Merwood
Books about translation I recommend
- “How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator” by Corinne McKay
- “The Entrepreneurial Linguist | The Business-School Approach to Freelance Translation” by Judy. A Jenner & Dagmar V. Jenner
- “The Bright Side of Freelance Translation” by Nicole Y. Adams
- “Found in Translation | How Language Shapes our Lives and Transforms the World” by Nataly Kelly & Jost Zetzsche